If it is sunny and hot it is best to let the fish out quickly as they will get stressed and the bags will heat up if left to float. In this case take the bag to the pond, float and open it up. Add some pond water to the bag and release the fish.
If it is not sunny then:
- Float the bags for 10-15 minutes to adjust the temperature.
- Then open the bag and add some water.
- If you roll down the sides of the bag it should float on the surface, make sure the bag is now left open.
- After 5 minutes add some water to the bag.
- After another 5 minutes add some more water to the bag.
- After another 5 minutes release the aquatic life.
- Always follow the procedure above even if the fish looks sick.
- Some fish when stressed do lie down but will quickly recover in the pond.